OLAES® Modular Bandage Dressing
NSN # 6510-01-558-3342 (Part # OAL-4)
NSN # 6510-01-558-3443 (Part # OAL-6)
NSN # 6510-01-631-7893 (Part # OALFP-4)
- During high stress situations, such as those involving casualties, stress effects on human performance often affect the fine motor skills of individuals. This makes simple tasks such as bandage application more difficult and time consuming. By creating a pressure bandage where application involves only gross motor skills, no direction changes around hooks or bars, the Olaes® Modular Bandage significantly offers a simpler and more effective solution in bandage dressing options. The elastic simply requires wrapping where the elastic stays flat instead of turning into a cord. Control of the elastic roll is maintained by the 'Control Strips' should the elastic be dropped. You no longer have to open or carry a package of gauze and a separate bandage as both are included in the same package.
A True Pressure Cup:
- The unique pressure cup generates true focused pressure on top of the wound site where it is required, not circumferential pressure like an ineffective tourniquet. By generating this focused pressure it helps occlude damaged vessels at the wound site where it is needed. It also reduces the amount of manual pressure required to be held, freeing up the care provider to treat other injuries or casualties. The pressure cup can also be removed and used as an eye cup for treatment of ocular injuries as recommended in the new TCCC guidelines.
- Elastic wrap with built in 'control strips' to prevent inadvertent unraveling
- 3 meters of sterile 4-ply gauze
- Plastic occlusive sheet included in dressing pocket
- Transparent pressure cup that focuses pressure on the wound site and allows for visual inspection of uncontrolled hemorrhage
NSN #: 6510-01-558-3342
US Patent: 7,652,190 and 8,163,973 B2
Ratings & Reviews
What does OLAES stand for?
<br>OLAES is the last name of a staff sergeant that was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2004. The bandage was named after him because our founder and CEO had a personal connection with him. - Tactical Medical Solutions