what you need to know about nfpa 3000:
As more hostile events continue to occur around the world, it is critical for first responders, emergency personnel, facility managers, hospital offices, community members, and others to have the information they need to be prepared when attacks occur. NFPA has developed a new standard - NFPA 3000, Standard for Preparedness and Response to Active Shooter and/or Hostile Events - to address that need.
The purpose of NFPA 3000 is to identify the minimum program elements necessary for organizing, managing, and sustaining an active shooter and/or hostile event response program and to reduce or eliminate the risks, effect, and impact on an organization or community affected by these events. NFPA 3000 addresses areas including risk assessment, planning, resource management, competencies for law enforcement, fire, and EMS, personal protective equipment, training, community education, and many more. The main objectives of NFPA 3000 is to prepare a single set of requirements to be used by a whole community addressing unified command, integrated response, and recovery. NFPA 3000 applies to citizens, facilities, schools, healthcare, non-governmental organizations, responders, city leaders, and emergency management.
HOW DOES TACMED TIE INTO NFPA 3000?
The relevant chapters in NFPA 3000 regarding the capabilities we can offer you are:
- Chapter 12 - Competencies for Law Enforcement Responders
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Guidelines for the First Responder
- RTF and LE Rescue Teams
- IFAKs and Casualty Extraction Capability
- Chapter 13 - Competencies for Fire and EMS
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and identifying garments
- Ability to provide medical self-aid
- Casualty Movement and RTF
- TECC for Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) Guidelines application
- Fire Suppression
- Vehicle Extrication and Casualty Removal
- Chapter 14 - Personal Protection Equipment
- Chapter 15 - Training
- Chapter 16 - Public Education
- Various hazards that could be encountered
- Run, Hide, Fight
- Bleeding control
- Recommended equipment
Tactical Medical Solutions® provides a comprehensive offering of products and training that address all of the areas mentioned above. All of our products are NFPA 3000-compliant, and any individual, organization, department, or agency can rest easy knowing they have high-quality medical gear that is guaranteed to perform when needed. We are committed to helping you and your agency prepare, equip, and train personnel and communities for these types of events. If you are looking for assistance in outfitting your personnel with critical medical and rescue gear and training, please reach out to us at email@example.com or 888-822-6331. We take pride in helping agencies like yours set up a plan for operational success during both training events and real world applications.